Our jadeite jade Happy Buddha pendant features hand carved Myanmar jade that was sourced from Kachin State located in Northern Myanmar. The pendant features a clear, natural green coloration which induces inner calm and reflection in all who see it. Additionally, the customized pendant includes an 18k gold bail.
In China, Happy Buddha is also known as “Budai” because he is always carrying around a sack filled with his few belongings. As a result, the pendant features Happy Buddha holding his sack under his right arm.
Furthermore, Chinese Buddhists believe that Happy Buddha is an incarnation of the Buddha of the Future – Maitreya. Maitreya will return to the earthly realm in the distant future when sentient life has forgotten the teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha. As a result, it will be necessary for Maitreya to rediscover the Dharma on his own and reteach sentient life to end all suffering. The Mahayana Prophecy states that Maitreya will be the final Buddha. For now, he waits in Bodhisattva heaven until his time comes to pass.
Contact me for bespoke adjustments such as diamonds or necklace (additional costs apply).
- The item was photographed in natural daylight conditions and the images are not edited in any way. However, please compare the website images between different devices and browsers in order to get the most accurate impression.
- All items come with free international express shipping including shipping insurance.
- Measurements and weight of the items are taken with extreme care, please take special note of them. Please use internet search to find conversion tables if needed.
- In house certification is included with the item free of charge which guarantees that the item is of A-Grade.
- After receiving the item, if within 30 days it is found to be of lower quality than A-Grade Jadeite with sufficient proof, we will refund your purchase amount in full after the item is returned.
- Gemological certifications can be obtained from a reputable local Gemological institute at the customer’s request for an additional charge of US$55. Please allow an additional 3-4 working days for completion.